We have the honor and responsibility of working in food - a critical infrastructure industry during this time of global crisis. We are working around the clock to keep inventory flowing to our retailers and to help feed the world. We are hiring at many of our manufacturing facilities...this is a great opportunity for those who are now available due to hours being cut at their regular job or being sent home from college temporarily.
Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's First in Food.
Perform general production, sanitation duties at the Wakefield main plant. Adheres to safe work practices, following GMP's, maintaining sanitary conditions and ensuring that product quality is maintained. Reports to management if any conditions or practices may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Responsible for overall equipment cleanliness and sanitation of department area.
- Accountable for performing daily, weekly and monthly master sanitation schedules for department area.
- Responsible for daily pre-op inspections.
- Responsible for following daily production start-up procedures.
- Cross-trained in two sanitation jobs.
- Report any equipment/mechanical problems.
- Able to use team efforts when inspecting area.
- Adheres to safe work practices, following GMP's, maintaining sanitary conditions and ensuring that product quality is maintained. Reports to management if any conditions or practices may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Responsible for following duties of the plant goals without being prompted.
- Ability to follow GMPs, PPEs, and LOTO guidelines without prompting.
- Capability of referencing the CP Manual for questions about the sanitation program.
- Has knowledge of and why we use chemical handlings procedures while handling chemicals such as caustics, acids, quats, bleach, and peracetic.
- Capability of conducting effective pre-op to RTE standards.
- Ability to consistently titrate correctly. Able to perform other duties as assigned.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers.
- Capability of applying common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving one concrete variable in standardized situations.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Capability of lifting up to 75 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stoop and bend while cleaning.
- Capability of standing on hard surface for most of shift.
- Ability to work with water and chemicals.
- Available to work weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed.
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively with others to complete work assignments.
- Open to change.
- Positive interpersonal relationships.
- Able to work independently and with others in a team environment.
- Self-motivated while also willing to ask questions and seek direction.
- Displays responsible behavior at work.
- Capable of safely lifting 75 lbs. on occasion.
- Ability to work in cold, wet, noisy, dusty and humid environments.
- Ability to tolerate constant motion.
- Able to climb and move above, below and into tight spaces.
- Ability to work in high humidity conditions and around USDA required cleaning solutions.
- Free of any breathing asthmatic conditions, dusty and aromatic conditions prevail.
- Possesses good hand-eye coordination.