At Rolls-Royce, we see sustainability in the field of drive and energy solutions as both the biggest challenge and biggest opportunity of our time. That's why we have set targets to reach Net Zero by 2050. In our Power Systems division, we have set an even more aggressive target to reduce our CO2 emissions by 35% by 2030 (from 2019 levels). It is within Power Systems that we provide world-class power solutions and complete life-cycle support under our product and solutions brand, mtu.
Innovation takes curiosity, and that is the force that drives us. We promote a corporate culture of respect, trust and curiosity. These are thing thinks that give rise to passion to move things forward and improve them for the future. Our goal is to create an engaging environment where all employees can fully develop themselves and their potential.
|Job Functions (Essential)
- Analyze machining and assembly processes to design the best method of manufacture to safely produce a quality product on time
- Collaborate with teams in quality, operations, materials, and development departments for resolution of issues and root cause analysis
- Maintain labor routings and operator worker allocations
- Plan work assignments in accordance with worker performance, machine capacity, production schedules, and anticipated delays
- Perform work measurements as needed supporting operations to improve health, safety, and performance of staff
- Evaluate data and write reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards
- Prepare and present charts, graphs, and diagrams to illustrate workflow, routing, floor layouts, material handling, and machine utilization
- Evaluate and present recommendations to management for manpower, schedules, capacity, performance and other key performance indicators
- Suggest and plan improvements to work center layouts to improve product and process flow
- Plan and implement safety, quality and productivity improvements in the spirit of continuous improvement
- Create standard work instructions, product processing sheets, and specification sheets, to verify that records adhere to quality assurance specifications
- Observe workers operating equipment to performing tasks to determine time involved and fatigue rate using timing devices and recommend solutions
- Provide assistance with product engineering support to shop floor with design and product related issues
- Promote a compliance culture in area of responsibility and live the letter and the spirit of the Rolls Royce Code of Conduct.
- Perform special projects as required
Work Conditions:Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform essential job functions. Daily work is performed in an office and general manufacturing work environment. This position has a traditional work schedule during a Monday through Friday work schedule. While performing tasks of this position, the employee is regularly required to operate a computer inside the facility. Next, an employee will be occasionally required to come in contact with wet or humid conditions. Finally, this position occasionally requires the employee to be in contact with hazardous conditions. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, crouch, or reach within the facility. Also, the employee will occasionally be required to grasp items to carry that are 10-25 pounds once per day. Finally, the employee is occasionally required to push or pull items that are 10-25 pounds once per day. Specific vision requirements for this position include close vision, distance vision, and the employee must have the ability to adjust focus.Equipment:Computer, Copier, Phone, Fax
Rolls-Royce Solutions America is a Military Friendly Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.